Security Policy CreationBecause templates don't work
FRSecure is a full service information security consulting and management company. If you need anything security related, from assessments to social engineering to security training to policy development etc., give our team of experts a call and find out how to get our experience working for you..
Why have FRSecure provide your security policies?
Security policies are more art than science. When done well, security policies fit together like a jigsaw puzzle, providing you with appropriate coverage for all your security needs, including compliance with multiple regulations and/or customer requirements.
When done poorly, organizations end up wasting time and money developing policies with gaping holes that leave them exposed.
Good policies are critical to information security programs for multiple reasons. Here are a few:
- Policies provide governance for the security program. Without them, security programs don’t function very well, or at a minimum prevent you from getting the most out of your security program.
- Policies provide evidence of the security program to auditors and/or customers
- Policies are expected in regulatory environments. “If it’s not in policy, it doesn’t exist”.
- Policies provide protection to the organization in the event of a breach. If policies are weak or nonexistent, then enforcement agencies know that there is no organized security program, which puts you at greater risk.
How does the process work?
FRSecure works with you to determine the right policies for your organization. We provide a base set of draft policies to start from, and we begin the process of massaging them to fit your organization. We do all the heavy lifting. All we need you to do is make decisions like:
- Do you want strong passwords?
- Do you want to allow BYOD?
- Can employees remove sensitive information to work from home?
- Should laptops be encrypted?
We walk you through every decision, and deliver the right set of policies, tailored to your culture.
What types of security policies are included?
This is a list of policies we have written for clients. You may need all of them, you may not. We work with you to determine the best framework for your security program.
- Information Security Policy
- Employee Termination Policy documentation
- Password Management Policy
- Access Control Policy
- Acceptable Use Policy
- BYOD Policy
- Physical Security Policy
- Change Control Policy
- Third-Party Connection Policy
- Record Retention and Destruction Policy
- Network/Authentication Access Security Policy
- Encryption Management Policy
- Anti-Malware Policy
- Incident Response Policy and Procedures
- Back-up Policy
- Security Training & Awareness Policy
- Mobile Device Policy
- Wireless Policy
- Remote Access Policy
- Data Retention and Destruction Policy
- Data Classification Policy
- Asset Management Policy
- Vendor Risk Management Policy
- Other supporting documentation, including (may vary):
- Information Security Policy Acknowledgement
- Incident Response Procedures
- Chain of Custody Form
- Incident Response Tracking Form
- Encryption Standards
- Information Security Policy Waiver Process
- Media Reuse and Destruction Standard
- Media Disposal and Destruction Form
- Vendor Risk Management Process
How much does security policy creation cost?
At FRSecure, every project is custom designed for our clients. We take into account your organization’s size, complexity, industry, compliance requirements, and most importantly, your actual needs. Because of our tailored approach, all you need to do is spend a few minutes on the phone with our team to make sure we are delivering exactly what you need and want.